What Does IT Downtime Cost Your Business?
Can You Guess the Average Cost of IT Downtime?
- $50,00 per incident
- $100,000 per incident
- $250,000 per incident
- $500,000 per incident
- MORE THAN $500,000 per incident
The answer is #5 – the average outage incident in a health care environment costs $690,000, according to a study by the Ponemon Institute & Emerson Network Power. Large enterprise groups, according to the study, may incur costs exceeding $1.74 million per incident.
The Cost of the Outage Alone is Only Part of the Picture:
Today, the healthcare industry is dependent on data for clinical metrics, patient care, billing, reporting, and more. Server downtime is not only costly, but can be detrimental to daily operations.
- Fines associated with each incident can increase the cost substantially, depending on a number of factors such as the length of data downtime and the complexity of downtime.
“This increase in cost underscores the importance for organizations to make it a priority to minimize the risk of downtime that can potentially cost thousands of dollars per minute,” said Ponemon.
Minimize Server Downtime and Associated Costs:
- Ensure that you are receiving monitoring notifications efficiently and immediately
- Increase your IT team’s responsiveness to monitoring alerts
- Upgrade from outdated Pager solutions*
*An outdated communications solution such as pagers can inhibit your team’s responsiveness to mission critical messages. That could result in downtimes or longer downtimes.
To ensure maximum up time, trust a solution that is both reliable and secure. OnPage Critical Alerts is trusted and used by thousands of IT professionals for monitoring their mission critical systems. OnPage alerts you via an app on smartphone over 5x faster than a traditional pager. And, it keeps alerting you (persistently) until the message is acknowledged.
- Webinar: Presented by OnPage and BVoIP January 20, 2017
- How to improve healthcare BYOD and HIPAA compliance January 19, 2017
- 2016 – OnPage Year in Review January 2, 2017
- OnPage brings critical communications to the smartphone age December 29, 2016
- OnPage healthcare alerting December 21, 2016