Pagers Rapidly Becoming Extinct
It comes as no surprise that pagers are perceived as an old, outdated technology. Coined the “dinosaur” of paging, pagers have been around since 1958 when the first public pager was issued. The rise in technology since the 1950s, has allowed for an array of more sophisticated messaging tools. As these new messaging tools have been made available, the use of pagers has been diminishing ever since.
However with the rise of new technology, there are a growing number of concerns that come with it. Compliance guidelines such as HIPAA have become a main concern for Healthcare organizations. A staggering 95% say they worry over HIPAA compliance due to the new rise and use of smartphones in the workplace.
Due to this growing concern, Healthcare professionals alike have been turning towards OnPage Priority Messaging for their HIPAA compliant paging needs. With complete HIPAA compliance, secure encrypted transmission, hosted private cloud and fully redundant hardware, software and power, OnPage is not only secure but reliable as well.
- 2016 – OnPage Year in Review January 2, 2017
- OnPage brings critical communications to the smartphone age December 29, 2016
- OnPage healthcare alerting: the 21st century solution to antiquated pagers December 21, 2016
- OnPage: High and Low Priority December 21, 2016
- With AWS Managed Services, are IT management tools dead? December 20, 2016