5 Must Haves for IT Teams
OnPage has always empowered IT teams but also amplify alerting capabilities. In the following slides you will see 5 features of OnPage that act as important tools for any IT team to resolve incidents faster
- OnPage Templates
- Conference Bridge
- Dedicated Line + Voice Mail
- UpTimeRobot Integration
- Team Availability feature
But first… What is OnPage?
OnPage is an Incident Management System that allows you to:
- Consolidate IT alerts onto one platform.
- Add intelligent alerting and escalation workflows to systems and sensors that detect anomalies.
- Connect to stakeholders and customer using Real-Time Call Routing.
- Manage incident responders and stakeholders through:
- secure messaging,
- live ticket updates
- Real-time reporting
Rock-solid reliability is what OnPage is known for and it’s a robust solution for digital ecosystems.
5 Must Haves for IT Teams – OnPage Templates
Perfect for teams who repetitive tasks. Tired of formulating an incident checklist every time you are in the filed. Why not make it a template!?
This feature enables users to create document templates which they can reuse. This template can be sent as a message. Some template formats could take the shape of:
- Work orders
- Check lists
- Conference bridge details
- Billing information
- Incident related instructions
Users can create unlimited number of templates in whatever size they wish to.
Users can also create templates for handling certain kinds of incidents or create templates to forward a ticket to another incident responder.
5 Must Haves for IT Teams – Conference bridge
Perfect for teams who have to get on a conference bridge.
- Integration based Conference Bridge – Conference bridges can be added through OnPage integrations to existing Slack and Cisco Spark users
- Template based Conference Bridge – Using OnPage Templates you can create a conference bridge and pull it up whenever you need it
5 Must Haves for IT Teams – Dedicated Line + Voice Mail
Perfect for teams that run after hours support.
With this feature organizations can eliminate the middle man and get their customers’ messages to the right person instantly!
- Welcome your customers and get your company name branded through custom greetings.
- Convenience for your customers is paramount. Enable them to reach your business by providing them with instructions on how they can reach the department/person they want. Bilingual phone menu and greeting options are available.
- Immediacy is achieved during critical situations. Customers can reach your business instantaneously without having to dial another number. All they need to know is one number which gets them to the right person/department.
- Personalization to greetings are available for each department and person too.
- Optimization of after-hours communications are now enabled with the ability for customers to leave a call back number and/or voice mail.
5 Must Haves for IT Teams – OnPage + UpTimeRobot Integration
Perfect for teams responsible for monitoring the performance of a website.
Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down.
Get alerted via OnPage for faster resolution!
Here are the types of monitoring available:
- http(s): that’s perfect for website monitoring. The service regularly sends requests (which are the same as if a visitor is browsing your website) to the URL and decides if it is up or down depending on the HTTP statuses returned from the website (200-success, 404-not found, etc.)
- ping: this is good for monitoring a server. Ping (ICMP) requests are sent and up/down status is decided according to the “if responses are received or not”. Ping is not a good fit for monitoring websites as a website (its IP) can respond to ping requests while it is down (which means that the site is down but the server hosting the site is up)
- keyword: checks if a keyword exists or not exists in a web page
- port: good for monitoring services like smtp, dns, pop as all these services run from a specific port and Uptime Robot decides their statuses if they respond to the requests or not.
5 Must Haves for IT Teams – Views into Team Availability
Perfect for teams that are diverse and spread across different geographical locations.
The new release of OnPage provides users of the app with the ability to see who is online. Known as Team Availability; this feature is also a part of the web console.
This lack of ability to see presence information on the app hindered users in the field from having access to this information.
Now, users do not need to waste time in knowing their colleagues’ status as they can immediately see if the colleague is logged in.
OnPage is a cloud-based, industry leading smartphone application for high-priority, real enterprise messaging. OnPage provides critical alerts to IT and DevOps teams based on notifications from monitoring tools, logs or other APM systems for faster incident resolution.
Using OnPage you get instant visibility and feedback on alerts. As part of your IT service management, you can track alert delivery, ticket status, and responses. As a result, you will improve MTTR and better manage your IT ecosystem by decreasing service interruptions.
As an organization, you will improve responsiveness to SLAs and lower your IT costs