5 Must Haves for IT Teams
OnPage is an incident alert management platform and smartphone app that allows you to:
- Consolidate IT alerts onto one platform
- Add intelligent alerting and escalation workflows to systems and sensors that detect anomalies
- Connect to stakeholders and customers using real-time call routing
- Manage incident responders and stakeholders through:
- secure messaging,
- live ticket updates
- real-time reporting
Here are five features of OnPage that help IT teams resolve incidents faster:
- OnPage templates
- Conference bridge
- Dedicated line + voicemail
- UpTimeRobot Integration
- Team availability features
Perfect for teams who have repetitive tasks. Tired of formulating an incident checklist every time you are in the field? Why not make it a template!?
This feature enables users to create document templates which can be reused and sent as messages. Some typical template formats include:
- Work orders
- Check lists
- Conference bridge details
- Billing information
- Incident related instructions
Create an unlimited number of templates of any size. You can also create templates for handling certain kinds of incidents or to forward a ticket to another incident responder.
Perfect for teams who have to get on a conference bridge.
- Integration-based conference bridge – Conference bridges can be added through OnPage integrations to existing Slack and Cisco Spark users
- Template-based conference bridge – Using OnPage Templates you can create a conference bridge and pull it up whenever you need it
Dedicated Line + Voicemail
Perfect for teams that run after hours support.
With this feature, organizations can eliminate the middleman and get their customers’ messages to the right person instantly!
- Welcome your customers and get your company name branded through custom greetings.
- Convenience for your customers is paramount. Enable them to reach your business by providing them with instructions on how they can reach the department/person they want. Bilingual phone menu and greeting options are available.
- Immediacy is achieved during critical situations. Customers can reach your business instantaneously without having to dial another number. All they need to know is one number which gets them to the right person/department.
- Greeting personalization is available for each department and person too.
- For after-hours communications, customers can leave a callback number and/or voicemail.
OnPage + UpTimeRobot Integration
Perfect for teams responsible for monitoring the performance of a website.
Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down.
Get alerted via OnPage for faster resolution!
Here are the types of monitoring available:
- http(s): that’s perfect for website monitoring. The service regularly sends requests (which are the same as if a visitor is browsing your website) to the URL and decides if it is up or down depending on the HTTP statuses returned from the website (200-success, 404-not found, etc.)
- ping: this is good for monitoring a server. Ping (ICMP) requests are sent and up/down status is decided according to the “if responses are received or not”. Ping is not a good fit for monitoring websites as a website (its IP) can respond to ping requests while it is down (which means that the site is down but the server hosting the site is up)
- keyword: checks if a keyword exists or not exists in a web page
- port: good for monitoring services like smtp, dns, pop as all these services run from a specific port and Uptime Robot decides their statuses if they respond to the requests or not.
Views into Team Availability
Perfect for teams that are diverse and spread across different geographical locations.
The new release of OnPage provides users of the app with the ability to see who is online. Known as Team Availability; this presence information feature is also a part of the web console. Now, users can immediately see which team members are logged in and available without wasting time trying to find him.