Uptime Robot and OnPage
Uptime Robot + OnPage
Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down. Get alerted via e-mail, SMS, Twitter, push, Slack, HipChat and now OnPage through WebHooks.
How It Works? The Details
Here are the step-by-step actions of Uptime Robot to understand it better:
- It asks for your websites headers and gets status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found”, etc. every 5 minutes (or more depending on the monitor’s settings),
- If the status code doesn’t indicate a problem, we are good
- If the status code is~400+ and 500+, then the site is not loading
- In order to make sure the site is down, Uptime Robot makes several more checks in the next 30 seconds,
- If the site is still down, it sends an alert.