Uptime Robot Integration
What is Uptime Robot?
Uptime Robot is a free tool used to monitor websites . It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down. Get alerted via e-mail, SMS, Twitter, push, Slack, HipChat and now OnPage through WebHooks.
What can you monitor?
Here are the types of monitoring available:
- http(s): that’s perfect for website monitoring. The service regularly sends requests (which are the same as if a visitor is browsing your website) to the URL and decides if it is up or down depending on the HTTP statuses returned from the website (200-success, 404-not found, etc.)
- ping: this is good for monitoring a server. Ping (ICMP) requests are sent and up/down status is decided according to the “if responses are received or not”. Ping is not a good fit for monitoring websites as a website (its IP) can respond to ping requests while it is down (which means that the site is down but the server hosting the site is up)
- keyword: checks if a keyword exists or not exists in a web page
- port: good for monitoring services like smtp, dns, pop as all these services run from a specific port and Uptime Robot decides their statuses if they respond to the requests or not.
How It Works? The Details
Here are the step-by-step actions of Uptime Robot to understand it better:
- It asks for your websites headers and gets status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found”, etc. every 5 minutes (or more depending on the monitor’s settings),
- If the status code doesn’t indicate a problem, we are good
- If the status code is~400+ and 500+, then the site is not loading
- In order to make sure the site is down, Uptime Robot makes several more checks in the next 30 seconds,
- If the site is still down, it sends an alert
How do they notify you when your website goes down?
Uptime Robot currently uses the free email-to-SMS gateways for the providers that are told to support it.
It is almost impossible to debug any issues regarding the deliveries as Uptime Robot simply sends an e-mail with a specific format and that is all, no responses returned.
With the integration to OnPage, users can now get these website monitoring alerts straight to their OnPage application on their phone.
What else can OnPage do?
OnPage provides persistent, secure round-trip messaging and alerts to your smartphone. In using dashboards and integrations, you get instant visibility and feedback on alerts. As part of your ITSM, you can track delivery, ticket status, receipt and even responses.
As a result you will improve MTTR and better manage your clients’ ecosystem by decreasing interruptions. As an organization you will improve responsiveness to SLAs and lower your and your clients’ costs.
Checkout OnPage’s functionality:
- HIPAA-compliant secure two-way messaging
- Send messages and alerts in seconds
- Individual and group escalation
- Sync contacts to your device
- Web based portal access
- Audit trails with read/delivery confirmation.
- Remote wipe capability
- Multiple message redundancy and failover options
- Fault proof scheduler
- Real time reporting