Communication in Dialysis Centers
A team of medical professionals, including nephrologists, nurses, dietitians, and social workers, staff renal care and dialysis centers with the objective of helping patients manage their conditions and minimize complications.
Since multiple providers provide care for dialysis patients along the patient journey, a complex web of communication is created and information silos are built, increasing the risks of adverse events if not managed properly.
To promote optimal care and treatment for patients, dialysis centers must establish a seamless communication channel that enables secure information sharing, role-based messaging, critical alert management, and consultation requests, ultimately allowing for streamlined and frictionless communication.
Communication Issues in Dialysis Centers
Dialysis centers and renal care facilities worldwide continue to face several challenges despite the widespread acknowledgment that critical communication and collaboration are essential for optimal patient care in healthcare. These challenges include:
Alert fatigue due to notification overload and inequitable workloads
All of these lead to delays in diagnosis or treatment, which can lead to negative health outcomes and increased healthcare costs. Hospitals may also see consequences to their HCAHPS score as one of the survey questions asks patients to rate their hospital on care coordination.
OnPage Is Designed for Dialysis Centers
The OnPage clinical communication and collaboration (CC&C) system is powered by a HIPAA-compliant mobile application and an intuitive web management console. OnPage enables care providers at dialysis centers to cut through communication silos and collaborate with the right team members instantly on their phones.
Key features and capabilities:
- Persistent, high-priority mobile alerts bypass the mute switch
- Fail-safe on-call schedules for better response team management and to minimize human error
- User presence statuses and audit trails with SENT, DELIVERED and READ receipts
- Real-time, two-way mobile messaging without limitation to location
- Secure file attachments for better situational awareness
- Escalation policies to notify the next person in line when needed
- Dispatch messages to groups to facilitate coordinated care delivery
- Role-based messaging to eliminate the need to know the exact contact information
Continuous Industry Success
OnPage is a G2 Leader for incident alert management, consistently receiving recognition for high performance and user satisfaction.