MTTR by the Numbers
Ignoring MTTR can cost you millions
Peter Drucker was famous for saying that “If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.” That’s why knowing your MTTR (mean time to resolution) is so important. If you don’t know how long it takes for you to fix issues, you cannot improve on that time. Effectively, MTTR is an important shorthand for your team to know how well they are doing in acknowledging and responding to software, hardware or deployment failures.
Here are 3 key ways your team can improve their MTTR:
- Identifying the root cause is usually the biggest cause of MTTR variability and the one that has the highest cost associated with it.
- Ensure that information goes to the right person. When a monitoring system detects an issue and sends an email, use OnPage to make sure that the correct engineer is alerted.
- Have escalations enabled so that engineers can reach out for the expertise and assistance of others in their DevOps group, MSP or IT team
OnPage is cloud-based incident alerting and management platform that elevates notifications on your smartphone so they continue to alert until read. Incidents can be programmed to arrive to the person on-call and can be escalated if they are not attended to promptly. Schedule a demonstration today!
- Webinar: Presented by OnPage and BVoIP January 20, 2017
- How to improve healthcare BYOD and HIPAA compliance January 19, 2017
- 2016 – OnPage Year in Review January 2, 2017
- OnPage brings critical communications to the smartphone age December 29, 2016
- OnPage healthcare alerting December 21, 2016